The dream that is my life, this adventure, my hope for our future...


Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Stray

It's sunset in the city. Light bends through the cloud licked high rises and New York is burning. The wind screams at me through the creases in the glowing pane and I feel alive again. My silhouetted dream looks back at me through this new landscape. "Do you feel inspired?" She caresses my ear and I feel entitled but I cannot answer. "Can you hear it?" She asks again and this time I close my eyes to open the piece of me that stopped believing in open doors. "You cannot hide from me." She calls again and this time I understand completely. "I see you" I respond and in my voice I hear for the first time a power that was not there before. Truth, beauty and love are my mission, but clichés drown in this city. So I wonder as I wander and me, she, heart and glory wander down into the hunting ground and naked, run from one another in this darkness. The moon is gone, so I follow my fluorescent guide for a week spent stalking infinity. I find myself beyond the birds song, beyond the flesh stretched thin, like a thorn pressing through a cheek, breaking through the peace, through the doors. Splintered, cold, cloaked and masked I get back in line while my beautiful quarry dies in the back of an alleyway. Maybe she'll be unearthed someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment